Monday, December 16, 2013

Nexus 5 Update and LG Optimus F6 mini review!

Hey everyone!

It was quite early for me to have reviewed the Nexus 5 so here's a bit of a follow up~
First of all, I love the battery life on this phone. My battery is currently at 30%, it is currently 8:45pm, and I unplugged it from being fully charged at about 9:30am. So that's pretty good, and I do use it often throughout the day (more like I use it all day, lol).

I also really do like the camera because it produced colors true to real life. The images are clear too, and there is no lag time regarding the camera app at all.

The biggest winner for me though, is the processor. This phone is FAST! it is absolutely perfect for a multitasker like myself.

I repeat, though, this phone requires a microSIM card. However, T-mobile can actually cut your standard SIM for you...which I didn't even know so I ended up paying for a new SIM that I didn't need, blah.

So if you are looking for a phone with fast processing and good battery life, I would really recommend this one. It is a bit expensive but consider that it is in fact cheaper than the new iPhones and it is cheaper than the Galaxy S4 and the HTC One.

I mentioned in my previous post that the service sucks with LTE on, but it turns out it's because voice is on the LTE wavelength too, so depending on your location in the house and distance from a tower.....service signal may suck. However, it seems the LG Optimus F6 does NOT have this issue.

Today my dad bought the LG Optimus F6 at the T-Mobile store. Last night it was priced at $268 but today it is $288. It's as if they knew we wanted to purchase it!
Either way that it not too bad a price, but remember that the Nexus 4, which is much more superior in nearly every aspect except battery life and screen glass, was sold for only $199 at the 16gb storage capacity.
However, as you all know this phone sold out fast and buying off Ebay is not something we wanted to do since returns may be impossible or a hassle.

That being said, I did not get to play around with it too much but here's my first impression of this LG device.

The battery is wonderful, it is superior to the Nexus 5. The device seems to have no lag, and even thought the processor is only 1.2 Ghz, it's actually alright. I think the biggest issue, so to speak, is that it has a very mediocre camera. It's indoor photos, even under daylight bulbs, are fuzzy. It's ok for taking facebook photos or something like that though. But even my HTC Sensation's camera was better.

However, UNLIKE THE NEXUS 5, the Optimus F6 camera has the full settings options. First of all, the Nexus 5 stock camera app has no setting for changing the ISO or turning off the shutter sound. Seriously.

What I like about the Optimus F6 is that it is super custimizable. You can edit all the shortcuts on the pull down menu, obviously on your home screens, and you can also edit the camera settings shown on screen.
This is a huge plus because with the Nexus, you have to go into the settings to switch to front-facing camera, or to a sub settings menu to change exposure, etc. It's a lot easier to work with the Optimus.

If you are looking for a phone to use mainly for internetting and texting/talking, I think this phone is excellent. It's thin, it's light, and has many customization options. I'd say the biggest plus for this phone is its battery.

It came out to over $300 with the tax, though, so it is a bit pricey. However, like I said, if you need a phone that lasts long and has good in-call sound, and if you don't intend to bulk it up with silly apps, this is a good phone for you!

I'd also like to put in a note for you Blackberry users who wish to switch to Android, if you are on the T-Mobile network, you must call them to have your data switched to "Android data". Blackberry phones get their own Blackberry data plan, and your data will NOT work (you'll keep getting redirected to Web2Go) until you have them manually switch it to Android Data. This will not change your rate unless you agree to it, and will not change your data cap unless you agree to it. It cannot be done by changing device settings. The reps cannot do it for you unless you already have the same cap/rate plan that is currently available for purchase, or unless you wish to upgrade to a different data plan. They will submit it for review and tell you it can take up to 72 hours for them to text you back with an update. I called around 1:30pm on Sunday, and they already had it fixed about 9am today.

Hope that helped and good luck with your new-phone search!♥

No comments:

Post a Comment